Sunday, October 30, 2011

EDUC-6162 Final Blog Post

I would like to start off this final EDUC 6162 blog post by saying thank you to all of my colleagues, my international professional contact, my professor, and everyone who has supported me throughout this course.  I have learned SO much in this course related to issues and trends within the early childhood field. 

The three biggest insights I have gained from this course has been the reflection I have done within my own personal and professional goals, hopes, and dreams within the EC field. I realized that my outlook in the EC field was on a local community basis and not on a national or global basis.  I also realized the importance of continued professional development.  It is so important to continue to learn and grow within our profession from colleagues, journals, courses, and our own children and families.  I have expanded my "address book" on an international level.  I am so excited to say that I met with and spoke with an EC professional from Germany.  I learned that many of the issues and trends in the EC are similar everywhere, low wages, long hours, lack of recognition, poverty, etc.

My goal in the early childhood field is to continue to grow personally and professionally so that I may have the biggest impact on children and families as possible!  Thank you to all my EDUC 6162 colleagues!

No comments:

Post a Comment