Saturday, March 2, 2013

May we stay connected through our journey!

A Final Word to my EDUC-6990 Colleagues!


I have thoroughly enjoyed my time through this course and all previous ones with Walden University.  This entire learning journey has been a rewarding, challenging, trying, exhausting, inspiring, motivational, and of course educational. I reflect upon the Multimedia presentation from this final course here at Walden University. It was a beautiful look back on inspirational professionals in the early childhood field. Janis Keyser, an early childhood educator stated, “As teachers, we’re continuously growing and learning more, not only about the people that we’re honored to be working with, but about ourselves as researchers and learners” (Laureate Education, 2011). The word “honored” hits me hard in a good way because I feel very blessed to do what I do, but I do not use that word as I should. It is true. We are honored to have the opportunities to work with the people in our field. I have learned many things along my path.
  • Never Settle! Always reach for your goals. When you meet them…set new ones!
  • Reflect, reflect, and reflect! Reflection can be a therapeutic tool and guide you through many decision making situations.
  • Feed your passion! Never let the passion die. When you lose the passion for education, you lose your motivation to make a difference.

I challenge each and every one of you to find the path meant for you and put your running shoes on. It doesn’t matter if you know exactly what you are meant to accomplish; you will do that along the way. I hope to continue to learn and develop new skills and knowledge within the field of education.  I truly hope to make an impact with the field of early childhood education. I wish you ALL the very best and hope that we may all stay connected and collaborate together in the future.  You can reach me at jrrand22@gmail.com.

“Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down.” - Ray Bradbury

“Never say ‘I could have done that’ because you didn’t.” - Karim Rashid

“I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” - Leonardo da Vinci

“The future started yesterday, and we’re already late.” - John Legend





References
Laureate Education, Inc. (Producer). (2011). Merging Vision, Passion, and Practice [Multimedia]. Practical Application in the Early Childhood Field. Retrieved January 8, 2013 from http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/EDUC/6990/01/mm/ec_pres/index.html.

Thurman, R. (2010, October 25). [Web log message]. 58 Quotes to Inspire Leadership, Resilience and Social Change.  Retrieved from http://www.rosettathurman.com/2010/10/58-quotes-to-inspire-leadership-resilience-and-social-change/

6 comments:

  1. Julie,
    It is an honor to work with children!
    Good luck with the work you do with children and as an advocate for the early childhood field!
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie

    For many of us our journey has just begun, and it ha been a learning experience. I would like to thank you for your support and comments over the past several weeks. I have enjoyed reading your blog and the it is quite evident that you are passionate about the educational field. I wish you good luck in whatever path that you endeavor within your personal and professional goals. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julie, I am in your Foundations of Education class with Professor Kien at Walden University. Might I say you Blog page looks AWESOME!! You make the early childhood field look so fun and interesting. Which it is! The semester is going be fun and exciting. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The slide show of your childhood web with the people who influenced you the most was nice.I liked how you got it set up with your family members and how you like music. It looks like you started at a young age enjoying music and wearing the costume to go with the country music. It looks like your grandparents were apart of your life when you was young. Thats a big factor to me having grandparents around, because they are a big influence to children life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the goal Never Settle! Always reach for your goals. When you meet them…set new ones!I continue to set new goals for my self .I think it helps us to thrive making those goals.
    I keep hearing Reflect, reflect, and reflect! Reflection can be a therapeutic tool and guide you through many decision making situations from my Pre- K evaluator and I am learning how to reflect on my decision in the teaching field. It has been a hard goal for me to set and I am finally reaching that goal. I love your blogs.Thank you ,you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to start off by telling you thanks for the support and the comments you have made on posts. From all of the support I have receive from colleagues made me fight to finish this course. I just want to say thanks and good luck.

    ReplyDelete